IT and Computer Skills L4 EY
The aim of this programme is to enable the learner to develop the relevant knowledge, skill and competence in a broad range of personal skills which enable personal development and active citizenship, and/or to progress to employment and/or further education or training.
QQI General Learning – 4M2010
Start Date: 11-01-2024 Hours/week: 03 Hrs 00 Mins Duration: 20 weeks
Applicants should have a standard of knowledge, skill and competence equivalent to NFQ Level 3 when accessing a Level 4 programme. Applicants may have participated in primary and secondary education although no formal qualifications are required.
Please see course details for minimum age requirements
Please refer to Programme Descriptor for Programme Aims and Objectives
Applicants must have a motivation to learn, an interest in the subject and the ability to acquire the knowledge, skills and competencies set out in the course.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate a moderate range of knowledge, skills and competencies relevant to the course, be able to work under direction with some ability to work on their own initiative.
|Information Technology Skills||Information Technology Skills (4N1125)||QQI|
Explain a range of information technology concepts and terminology to include computer, computer hardware, components, system and application, software, input devices, output devices, data storage devices, bytes, files, folder/directory, drives, memory LAN, WAN, and the Internet
2. Describe the impact of information technology on personal life and working or community life
3. Manage files, folders or directories, using a range of common file management features to include create, rename, delete, copy, move, locate and save to range of drives
4. Use a data entry application to enter data using text, alpha, numeric and special characters to a minimum speed of 15 words per minute.
5. Access a word processing package to open a file, enter and edit text by inserting and deleting characters, words, sentences and paragraphs
6. Format text using a range of format tools to include joining and splitting, line spacing, indentation, justifying and alignment
7. Enhance text using a range of enhancement tools to include bold, underline, italicize, font and font size
8. Edit a block of text using a range of editing tools to include move, copy and delete
9. Navigate specific internet sites through a browser with specific links identified
10. Use a range of functions in a webmail application to create, reply, cc, bcc, and add attachments to email
11. Manage a personal email account to include inbox, read/unread, deleted items, trash, drafts, and contacts/address book
12. Produce an accurate hard copy of a 50—70 word document by proof reading, and using spell check, save and print features
13. Produce a hard copy of specific information located on the internet.