Nutrition & Healthy Options Level 3
Learn how to make healthy eating simple, what foods to avoid and how to prepare healthy meals quickly.
1. Explain the basic principles of food safety and associated legislation Collection of Work
2. Explain the organisation of a professional kitchen Collection of Work
3. Use kitchen terminology, weights and measures appropriately Skills Demonstration
4. Explain how different degrees of cooking affect foods Collection of Work
5. Demonstrate basic techniques of tasting, recognition of food freshness and garnishing finished dishes Skills Demonstration
6. Demonstrate basic cookery processes including grilling, poaching, shallow frying, boiling and simmering Skills Demonstration
7. Demonstrate basic techniques for preparation of hot and cold cereals and breads Skills Demonstration
8. Assist in preparing and presenting a full Irish cooked and a continental breakfast, plated and buffet style, using a range of fresh and convenience produce Skills Demonstration
9. Comply with current food safety and hygiene legislation and regulation in personal and supervised work practices Skills Demonstration
10. Demonstrate basic understanding of the food cost and quality control cycle
QQI General Learning – 3M0874
Start Date: 11-12-2023 Hours/week: 02 Hrs 00 Mins
No formal education or qualifications are required although applicants may have participated in primary and secondary education. Applicants will be expected to demonstrate a standard of knowledge, skill and competence equivalent to NFQ Level 2 when accessing a Level 3 programme.
Please see course details for minimum age requirements
Applicants must have a motivation to learn, an interest in the subject and the ability to acquire the knowledge, skills and competencies set out in the course.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate a limited range of knowledge, skills and competencies skills relevant to the course and be able to work under direction.
|Nutrition And Healthy Options||Nutrition & Healthy Options (3N0887)||QQI|
The learning outcomes associated with this award are outlined in the associated Component Specifications.