Skills to Compete: Desktop Publishing Skills QQI 5
The objectives of this course are to cover the following:
1. Learners will be able to distinguish between desktop publishing and other forms of
document production with reference to purpose, development process, and specialised
2. Learners will be able to describe the characteristics of key components of DTP systems
including those used for input, storage, protection, processing, output, and transmission of
images and data
3. Learners will be able to outline the essential considerations for handling text and graphics
in DTP documents including size, resolution, format, placement, orientation and colour, in
the context of a range of page layouts
4. The learner will be enabled to describe the legal implications associated with use and
protection of published material including licensing and copyright
5. Learners will be able to generate graphic content using a DTP application to create, import,
capture and manipulate images and drawings
6. Learners will be able to set up a document for publication or printing specifying all required
layout characteristics such as page, text, frame and table setup
7. The learner will be enabled to create a range of possible designs to meet a given brief with
due consideration for production cost, presentation format and environment, and print
8. The learner will be enabled to fulfill the requirements of a client brief completing all stages
in the publication process including requirements analysis and definition, solution design,
planning, production, finishing, printing and publication
9. Learners will be able to analyse existing documents making appropriate recommendations
QQI Business Administration – 5M2468
Start Date: 25-09-2023 Hours/week: 02 Hrs 00 Mins Duration: 32 weeks
NFQ Level 4 or equivalent when accessing a Level 5 programme.
CERFL proficiency at B2 for access to Level 5 courses for those whose first language is not English
Mature learner entry requirements available via the local ETB pathway
Additional requirements may apply to non-EU/EEA Applicants and may be subject to full international fees (Please refer to Information for International Learners)
*Each provider may have additional requirements, not outlined above.
Minimum statutory school leaving age (16+)
Applicants must have a motivation to learn, an interest in the subject and the ability to acquire the knowledge, skills and competencies set out in the course.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate a moderate range of knowledge, skills and competencies relevant to the course, be able to work with responsibility and demonstrate the ability to work on their own initiative.
|Desktop Publishing||Desktop Publishing (5N0785)||QQI|
The successful completion of the QQI Level 5 Major Award in Business Administration will enable applicants to work under supervision in an administrative role in a range of business contexts.