Excel / Spreadsheets L4 GY
Objectives of the Programme Module To explore with the learner the purpose of spreadsheets and the processes involved in creating spreadsheet documents.To facilitate the learner to create and make modifications to spreadsheet documents.To enable the learner to usespreadsheet functions and formulae for calculations.To enable the learner to use a variety of commandsto display data attractively.To assist the learner to develop the language, literacy and numeracy skills related to Spreadsheet Methods through the medium of the module themes and contentTo enable the learner to take responsibility for his/her own learning.
QQI General Learning – 4M2010
Applicants should have a standard of knowledge, skill and competence equivalent to NFQ Level 3 when accessing a Level 4 programme. Applicants may have participated in primary and secondary education although no formal qualifications are required.
Please see course details for minimum age requirements
Please refer to Programme Descriptor for Programme Aims and Objectives
Applicants must have a motivation to learn, an interest in the subject and the ability to acquire the knowledge, skills and competencies set out in the course.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate a moderate range of knowledge, skills and competencies relevant to the course, be able to work under direction with some ability to work on their own initiative.
|English And Communications Level 4||Communications (4N0689)||QQI|
|Spreadsheet Methods||Spreadsheets Methods (4N1120)||QQI|
1. Outline typical spreadsheet functions including document creation
2. State the primary functions and processes involved in creating a spreadsheet document
3. Use the language associated with spreadsheet applications
4. Use with confidence a spreadsheet application to enter and edit text, numbers and dates, and
insert and delete columns and rows
5. Use arithmetic operators to add, subtract, multiply and divide
6. Use formulae and functions within a spreadsheet including sum, average, max, min and count
7. Use a range of formatting commands including font size, font colour, background colours, bold,
alignments, borders, numbers, decimals and dates
8. Modify a spreadsheet document by adding repeating column or row titles, page numbers, date
or text to headers and footers, and adjusting to fit on to one page
9. Produce a range of basic charts and graphs including pie, column, bar and line with titles and