GY Key Skills – Technology (Computers, Phones & Apps)
Basic phone & computer skill.
This programme aims to offer you:
• The chance to get back into learning and build your skills and confidence in key skills.
• An initial assessment of your key skills in any or all the areas of:
o writing and spelling
o computers and other technology.
This assessment is to give you more information on:
• what you can already do, but perhaps aren’t confident in
• what you need to work on to be more confident in everyday or new situations
for work, family or other settings.
• An opportunity to use or practise key skills in everyday life.
• Opportunities to be more confident by using key skills in new or different situations.
• The chance to get ready to start working towards a qualification by working on
the gaps or blocks you might have that hold you back.
• Teaching that is interesting, adult-friendly and that encourages you to learn by
thinking about and discussing your own ideas and opinions.
• Teaching that focusses on what you need for your everyday life.
No previous education required
Please see course details for minimum age requirements.
For further information on Learner Profile please refer to relevant section of the Programme Descriptor.
Willingness to learn
No previous experience required
|Development of Key Skills||–||–|
|Getting Started with Key Skills||–||–|
|Building on Key Skills||–||–|
|Introduction To Key Skills||–||–|