Literacy Non accredited Wednesday1.30 – 3.30 pm(JM)
This programme is for people who do not want to undertake accredited learning but who wish to improve their reading and writing skills.
This programme aims to offer you:
• The chance to get back into learning and build your skills and confidence in key skills.
• An initial assessment of your key skills in any or all the areas of:
o writing and spelling
o computers and other technology.
This assessment is to give you more information on:
• what you can already do, but perhaps aren’t confident in
• what you need to work on to be more confident in everyday or new situations
for work, family or other settings.
• An opportunity to use or practise key skills in everyday life.
• Opportunities to be more confident by using key skills in new or different situations.
• The chance to get ready to start working towards a qualification by working on
the gaps or blocks you might have that hold you back.
• Teaching that is interesting, adult-friendly and that encourages you to learn by
thinking about and discussing your own ideas and opinions.
• Teaching that focusses on what you need for your everyday life.
No previous education required
Please see course details for minimum age requirements.
For further information on Learner Profile please refer to relevant section of the Programme Descriptor.
Willingness to learn
No previous experience required
|Building on Key Skills||–||–|
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
Use new skills in in one or more areas of:
• Spelling and handwriting
• Computers and other technology
You’ll also be able to:
• Decide what you need to work on in the next course or class you go on to.
• Judge what kind of teaching helps you the most. This might help you decide what
you want to do next.
• Work in a group with other adults who are there for the same reasons as you.
• Put into practice what you have learned so that you can be more confident in
everyday new situations.