Office Skills – Customer Service NR
This programme module aims to equip the learners with the necessary knowledge, skills and
competencies to provide effective and efficient customer service in work, social, voluntary and
community environments under supervision.
QQI Office Skills – 4M2070
No formal education or qualifications are required although applicants may have participated in primary and secondary education. Applicants will be expected to demonstrate a standard of knowledge, skill and competence equivalent to NFQ Level 3 when accessing a Level 4 programme.
Please see course details for minimum age requirements.
For further information on Learner Profile please refer to relevant section of the Programme Descriptor.
Applicants must have a motivation to learn, an interest in the subject and the ability to acquire the knowledge, skills and competencies set out in the course.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate a moderate range of knowledge, skills and competencies relevant to the course, be able to work with responsibility and demonstrate the ability to work on their own initiative.
|Customer Service||Customer Service (4N1989)||QQI|
1. Explain the principles of customer service
2. Outline the importance of quality customer service to the development and success of an
3. Distinguish between internal and external customers
4. Outline the role of communications in customer service to include writing and listening skills,
personal interaction and interpersonal skills.
5. Identify key customer service activities within a work, social or voluntary environment to
include handling enquiries, customer charter, and complaints procedures
6. Identify the key roles of a range of individuals involved in providing customer service
7. Assume responsibility for dealing with customer complaints in a range of situations to
include knowing how and when to refer complaints to a supervisor or manager when
8. Use with confidence the personal and practical skills required to carry out customer service
interactions and responsibilities to include verbal and written skills using a range of
9. Use the procedures, information sources and documentation associated with customer
service in a work, voluntary or community environment.
10. Provide effective customer service to include consideration of specific customer needs
including equality and diversity.
11. Participate in group or team based activities that contribute to effective customer care