Painting L4 NR
This programme module aims to develop the learner’s knowledge, skills and understanding of visual
communication, art elements, principles, painting techniques and media, in a variety of contextshistorical, cultural, social and persona
QQI General Learning – 4M2010
Applicants should have a standard of knowledge, skill and competence equivalent to NFQ Level 3 when accessing a Level 4 programme. Applicants may have participated in primary and secondary education although no formal qualifications are required.
Please see course details for minimum age requirements
Please refer to Programme Descriptor for Programme Aims and Objectives
Applicants must have a motivation to learn, an interest in the subject and the ability to acquire the knowledge, skills and competencies set out in the course.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate a moderate range of knowledge, skills and competencies relevant to the course, be able to work under direction with some ability to work on their own initiative.
|Fine Art Painting||Painting (4N1871)||QQI|
1. Identify diverse painting traditions and media within a range of cultures
2. Discuss the use of art elements and principles in specific preferred paint work
3. Use the language of art history and appreciation with regard to a preferred artists work
4. Outline colour theory
5. Explain the importance of the correct maintenance and storage of art materials and tools
6. Use a variety of paint media experimentally
7. Communicate a moderate range of ideas through paint using a variety of painting
8. Use art elements and principles in organising personal compositions and drawn/painted
9. Record a range of subjects from observation including objects and life forms from the
natural and manufactured environments and painting from life
10. Communicate a broad range of ideas visually through painting including appropriate primary
and secondary source materials
11. Select completed pieces for appropriate presentation
12. Relate colour and paint to other art/craft/design areas
13. Make a personal painted response to an idea or primary source materials
14. Critically evaluate own and others work
15. Apply appropriate health and safety procedures when working with paint materials and
tools within the studio.