Ventilation Measurement Proficiency Test
The aim of this programme is to enable the learner to carry out a Ventilation Measurement Proficiency Test in a controlled environment
To complete the ventilation proficiency test you will need the following:
• A calibrated anemometer
• The calibration certificate for the anemometer
• If the anemometer does not have a built in flow straightener, you must have a flow straightener
attachment. If you do not know if your anemometer has a built in flow straightener you should
contact the manufacturer/supplier.
• If you are ordering any equipment please give yourself ample time to receive this before your
If you do not have any of the above, you will be unable to take the proficiency test.
• The cost of testing is per anemometer. If you wish to be deemed proficient in the use of more
than one anemometer you will have to book a separate time slot for each, and pay the €130.00 fee
• The anemometer you use during testing must be the anemometer you will be using for validation.
• Your anemometer should be configured in accordance with the manufacturers guidelines.
• The exam proctor will not assist you in configuring your equipment. It is your responsibility to
configure your equipment correctly, and be competent in its use.
• The proficiency test is a pass/fail test.
It is important that the above information is made clear before your test date.
Relevant experience in construction related field, or relevant area of construction or mechanical services
Applicants must have reached the current statutory school leaving age.
Good communication skills. Ability to understand instruction in English
Learners have previously completed the NZEB Ventilation Course is desirable