Enniscorthy Youthreach Centre strives to provide a caring and learning environment for all our learners where mutual respect and fairness is the key in allowing the individuals to achieve their full potential.
- To provide education, training and certification for early school leavers
- To provide a structured programme to help the individual learner
- To provide an individual learning plan
- To assist learners in setting realistic targets for their future development and progression
- To make counselling and support available to meet their needs
- To present all staff members with the opportunity to contribute to the development of the centre through participation in staff meetings, training and planning
- To meet the standard as set out by the QQI, Quality Assurance (QA). and Quality Framework Initiative (QFI)
- To provide an integrated literacy approach within the centre
- To provide learners in the Foundation Year of Youthreach with the skills and competencies for further learning, employment and adult life
- To enable learners to recognise and respond positively to their learning difficulties and to help them to overcome these and develop their self-confidence on an on-going basis
- To provide learners in Progression Year with he opportunity for further social and personal development through education, training and work experience placements which will complement and build on the Foundation Year
Outline of Programmes Delivered
Entry levels to Enniscorthy Youthreach are:
- Foundation Level
This one year Programme gives learners the opportunity to become familiar with on-going assessment and doing task work. Learners are offered the following modules at level 3:
Art & Design Communications Craft – Textiles Photography Craft – Woodwork Health & Fitness Mathematics Nutrition & Healthy Options Personal & Interpersonal Skills Personal Care & Presentation Word Processing Spreadsheets
Having completed the full award a number of progression options are open to all learners.
- Leaving Certificate Applied
This is an option of the revised senior cycle structure and was introduced in September 1995; subjects offered in this centre are:
Active Leisure Studies Art Craft & Design English and Communication French Gaelige Cumarsáirdach Graphic and Construction Studies Haircare & Beauty Hotel Catering and Tourism Information and Communication Technology Introduction to Information and Communication Technology Leisure and Recreation Studies Mathematical Applications Social Education Vocational Preparation and Guidance
On successful completion of the Leaving Certificate Applied, learners may progress to further education through Post-Leaving Certificate Programmes.
Other Certified Programmes Delivered
International Computer Driving License (ICDL)
The ICDL programme has played a central role in the growth or computer skills within Youthreach and has lead to recognised certification.
Steer Clear/Driver Theory
This is a road safety plan and may save lives in the future. It is a great foundation for the driver theory test.
Basic first aid makes learners more aware of safety, health & welfare issues and provides training in dealing with minor injuries, etc.
This is a health/safety and welfare programme for learners before they go out on work placement.
This course raises awareness about the safety and health standards of the construction industry. It is aimed at ensuring the wellbeing and protection of construction workers.
Find a Course
Filter through our courses on offer to find one you like!