Under the Education and Training Boards Act, 2013, the main functions of an ETB are to:
- Establish and maintain schools, centres for education and education or training facilities in its functional area.
- Plan, provide, coordinate and review the provision of education and training, including education and training for the purpose of employment, and services ancillary thereto in its functional area.
- Enter into arrangements with, and provide support services to, other education or training providers.
- Establish scholarships.
- Adopt a strategy statement.
- Cooperate with any body nominated to carry out the internal audit functions.
- Provide education and training at the request of, and on behalf of, any body which funds training out of money provided to that body by the Oireachtas.
- Support the provision, coordination, administration and assessment of youth work services in its functional area and provide such information as may be requested by the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs in relation to such support.
- Assess whether the manner in which it performs its functions is economical, efficient and effective.
WWETB is responsible for 13 Secondary Schools and Colleges located throughout Waterford and Wexford, providing a comprehensive and responsive education service for their communities.
WWETB also provides a comprehensive range of further and adult education services throughout Waterford and Wexford. These services encompass Adult and Community Education, Adult Guidance Service, Adult Literacy Programme, Back to Education Initiatives, Refugee Programme, English for Speakers of Other Languages and Youth Services.
In addition, through its Training Centres at Whitemill Industrial Estate and Waterford Industrial Park, WWETB plays a vital role in the Training Sector, delivering an extensive range of training to a diverse range of clients.
|Governance & Compliance
|Buildings & Services
|Treasury General Ledger
|Contracts & Leave/Absences
|Staff Training & Development
|HR Reporting/ Compliance